Utility Regulator Rate Making Process
- refining models linking vegetation management budgets to the work inventory.
- predicting impacts on service reliability and consequent internal rate of return for vegetation management strategies
Ecosync protocols used have been accepted across North America by regulators in the rate making process.
Storm Hardening the Electric System
- current “in the field” research shows strong correlations between tree exposure and outage frequency.
- regressions have been developed to make tree-caused interruption frequency predictable from measure of system tree exposure.
Future work seeks to establish the correlation between wind speeds and outage incidents.
Efficacy and Environmental Assessments
- client project work maintains a focus on efficacy and environmental assessments of new or varied vegetation management practices on future maintenance requirements.